Today I am bringing you this amazing recipe for Vegan Pumpkin Alla Vodka Pasta. Combining my love of pumpkin pasta and alla vodka pasta! This recipe is such a winner and I know you, and whoever is lucky enough to enjoy it with you, will love it! You just need a few basic ingredients and about 20 minutes. Its the perfect weeknight dinner, or easy weekend date-night-at-home recipe.
Watch the video tutorial here!
This recipe is a perfect weeknight dinner, because it takes only about 20 minutes start to finish and is a great base for adding your favourite protein, veggie meatballs, chicken, tofu cubes, vegan ground, etc! You could even add chickpeas or lentils if that is more your style.
How to make this Vegan Pumpkin Alla Vodka Pasta:
Its pretty straight forward. Boil and drain the pasta. Sauté the onion and garlic. Add the tomato paste, vodka, spices, pumpkin and coconut milk. Add the pasta then top with fresh basil (if you want). It really doesn’t get easier than that, for a recipe that tastes this good!
Looking for more pumpkin recipes to use the leftover pumpkin puree?
Smoky Pumpkin and Sage Stovetop Chili
The Perfect Pumpkin Spice LattePrint
Vegan Pumpkin Alla Vodka Pasta
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- 2 cups dry small shape pasta (I used these mini lasagna type pasta)
- 3 tbsp vegan butter or olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 3 tbsp vodka
- generous pinch of salt
- 1/2–1 cup coconut milk (add more as needed to thin it out)
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- fresh basil for garnish
- Boil pasta in salted water according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, add the oil and heat on medium-high. Add the shallot and garlic and cook about 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add the tomato paste, salt, vodka, coconut milk, chilli flakes and pumpkin puree and simmer about 5 minutes until thickened slightly, adding splashed of coconut milk if it starts sticking or getting too thick.
- Add pasta back to skillet and stir to combine. Heat on low-medium. Add fresh basil, if using. Serve and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
I am cooking for my 19 month old, could anything replace the vodka as don’t want to use alcohol in her food
you can leave it out! replace with some water 🙂