These Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes are the BEST potatoes you’ll ever try. We’re sharing our secret method for preparation to help you make potatoes that are creamy on the inside, yet golden and crispy on the outside and loaded with Everything Bagel seasoning for the ultimate flavour.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Great recipe to use with leftover potatoes. Our secret to making the best creamy on the inside, crispy on the outside potatoes is boiling them before air frying. So if you have cooked potatoes leftover in the fridge, you can skip the boiling step and immediately air fry until crispy.
- Made with basic ingredients. If you have potatoes and a little oil at home, you can make extra crispy, delicious potatoes at home no problem! The dipping sauce is optional, but highly recommended if you happen to have the ingredients.
- Meal prep friendly. These potatoes will keep for several days in the refrigerator and can be frozen, if needed. Prep these potatoes in advance on a Sunday or Monday and add them to your plant-based meals all week long.
Key Ingredients and Substitutions
- Potatoes: Our favourite potatoes to use in this recipe are golden mini potatoes or small baby potatoes. You can also use another thin-skinned potato variety like fingerling potatoes or Yukon golds. We’d recommend avoiding russet potatoes – they’re skin is too thick.
- Oil: Air fryers allow potatoes to get incredibly crispy with a fraction of the oil compared to deep frying. Here we used about 1/4 cup of olive oil, but you can replace it with another high smoke point oil such as vegetable oil, canola oil, or avocado oil. Use what you have!
- Seasoning: We’re addicted to using Everything Bagel seasoning on these crispy air-fried potatoes, but you can use any seasonings you’d like. We’ve also made them with a little nutritional yeast, dill seasoning, and flour in this simple tutorial. A simple blend of salt, black pepper, and garlic powder or onion powder would work really well, too!
- Dip: In addition to giving you a potatoes recipe to make, we’ve also added a super easy dip that brings the flavor to the next level. To make, all you need is a container of your favourite vegan cream cheese, dill seasoning, salt, lemon juice, and garlic cloves or garlic powder.
How to Make Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes
- Boil the potatoes. In a medium sized, pot, add in the chopped potatoes and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook for 12-15 minutes, or until you can easily stick a fork through the centre.
- Drain and shake the potatoes. Once the potatoes are fork tender, drain the potatoes over a strainer. Rinse well with cold water then shake the potatoes in the strainer until the outside potato skins begin to fall off. The more the skins are loosened, the crispier the air fryer roasted potatoes will be.
- Season. Place the potatoes in a large bowl and drizzle with the olive oil, everything bagel seasoning, and salt. Stir until evenly coated.
- Air fry. Transfer the potatoes to the air fryer basket and air fry for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Prepare the dip, if desired. While the potatoes air fry, make the dip, if using. Add the vegan cream cheese, dill seasoning, salt, lemon juice, and minced garlic to a food processor. Process until smooth and creamy. Transfer to an airtight container and place it in the refrigerator to chill until the potatoes are ready.
- Serve. Once the potatoes are crispy, serve while hot with dipping sauce or as desired!
Ideas for Serving
These air fryer roasted potatoes can be served as the perfect side dish for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or even an afternoon snack with our creamy dipping sauce.
They can be served with anything you would regularly serve oven-roasted potatoes or Vegan Hash Browns with. Here are a few of our favourite suggestions:
- Breakfast ideas: Serve with High Protein Vegan Tofu Scramble, Vegan Bagel Breakfast Sandwiches, Tempeh Breakfast Wraps or Vegan Omelete-Stuffed Croissants. You can also enjoy them with something sweet and simple like Maple Cinnamon Crunch Granola!
- Lunch ideas: Try these air fryer potatoes with wraps, sandwiches and salads like High Protein Plant-Based Wraps, Chickpea & Avocado Wraps, Vegan Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese, Vegan Loaded Chick’n Salad Crunch Sandwich, or Herbed Chickpea “Tuna” Focaccia Sandwiches.
- Dinner ideas: Serve with Mason Jar Veggie Burgers or Vegan Jalapeño Popper Stuffed Burgers, or keep it light and try them with Grilled Veggies with a Creamy Sauce.
How to Store
Once air fried, these air fryer potatoes will keep for up to 5 days in an airtight container.
These potatoes can also be frozen. Allow them to cool completely, then spread the potatoes in a single layer on a parchment lined baking sheet. Place the baking sheet in the freezer for a few hours, or until the potatoes are frozen solid. Once frozen, pour the potatoes into a freezer safe bag or a tightly sealed freezer-safe container.
Reheat refrigerated or frozen potatoes in the air fryer. From frozen, air fry for 6-8 minutes. From refrigerated, reheat for 3-5 minutes, or until crispy and hot again.
Should you boil potatoes before roasting?
If you’re short on time, you can roast raw potatoes in the air fryer, but I recommend boiling ahead of time if you can. It’s the key to making them extra tender on the inside and crispy on the outside. Without this step, the potatoes are a bit dry on the interior.
Do I need to preheat the air fryer before cooking potatoes?
It depends on your air fryer model. Some air fryers don’t require a preheat while others do. When in doubt, it doesn’t hurt to preheat – it will only help give them the best crunchy edges of the potatoes.
Can I reheat air fryer potatoes in the microwave?
Yep. These crispy air fryer roast potatoes can be reheated in the microwave, in a large skillet, in a toaster oven, or our favourite method, the air fryer. When microwaving, heat in 30 second intervals until warmed through!
Can I make these air fryer potatoes in the oven?
Yes! If you don’t have an air fryer, you can bake these potatoes in the oven. Add the potatoes to a baking sheet in a preheated oven to 425 degrees F. Cook for 20-25 minutes, flipping half way through and checking for golden brown edges frequently.
More Air Fryer Recipes to Try Next:
- Air Fryer Vegan Loaded Pizza Fries
- Air Fryer French Fries
- Air Fryer Chickpeas
- Crispy Air Fryer Onion Rings
- Vegan Air Fryer Garlic Bread
As always, give these Everything Bagel Air Fried Potatoes a try and let us know what you think in the comments and give us a tag on instagram @gregsvegangourmet & @itslivb so we can see how well they turned out.Print