This Vegan Classic Apple Crumble Pie is overflowing with sweet juicy cinnamon apples with a buttery crust and a brown sugar oat crisp on top.
- 1 pre-made pie crust
- 4 cups peeled and thinly sliced Cortland apples
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine apple filling ingredients and stir until apples are coated. Set aside for some of the juice to drain (this keeps the pie base from getting soggy).
- In a separate bowl, combine the oats, flour and sugar. Add the melted vegan butter and mix using a spoon or your hands to mix until it is a crumble consistency.
- Using your hands, transfer apples to the crust, leaving the juice out (instead of just dumping it straight into the crust with the juice, which can make it soggy).
- Add the crumble topping and press down lightly.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes until golden brown on top and bubbling slightly.
- Remove from oven and let stand 15 minutes before slicing. Serve with vegan vanilla ice cream is desired.