A vegan tabbouleh-inspired quick cucumber salad, fluffy quinoa, crispy balsamic glaze tofu bowl topped with some hummus and chili oil.
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 block firm tofu, pressed and cubed
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp balsamic glaze
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1–2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
For serving (optional):
- chili oil
- Add 2 cups of water to a pot and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add quinoa and a pinch of salt and reduce heat to low. Cover and cook about 15-20 minutes until fluffy.
- Combine all cucumber salad ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, toss tofu with a pinch of salt, pepper and the corn starch.
- Heat a skillet to medium-high with olive oil. One hot, add garlic and tofu and fry about 8 minutes, stirring a few times to crisp all sides, until tofu is golden and crisp.
- Reduce heat to low, add balsamic glaze (add more or less depending how much you like) and stir to coat.
- Assemble bowls and top with hummus and a drizzle of chili oil is desired. Serve.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge up to 4 days.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins