Change up your banana bread game with this Healthy Vegan Blueberry Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe! It is 100% dairy-free and no eggs required. And there’s a sneaky ingredient, cornmeal!
- 2 tbsp ground flax + 6 tbsp water
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed (or 1 cup mashed)
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup, honey, date syrup or agave
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cornmeal (or sub more flour)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup chopped dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds and pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a (4.5 x 8.5 inch / 11.5 x 21.5 cm) loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Combine the flax and water and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine mashed banana, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla. add the flax mixture.
- In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients. Add to the wet and stir until just combined.
- Fold in the blueberries and chocolate.
- Add batter to prepared loaf pan and bake in preheated oven for 50-60 minutes until deep golden brown and cracked on top. Alternatively, stick a toothpick in the center and if it comes out clean or with a couple crumbs clinging (no wet batter) it is done.
- Remove from oven and let sit 10-15 minutes before removing from pan to slice and serve. It will be delicate when warm so be careful slicing!