Here’s a tasty vegan miso soba noodle soup recipe with tofu and veggies, perfect for a quick, nutritious, hot meal when you’re at home.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch knob of fresh ginger, minced
- 1 small carrot, thinly sliced
- 5 mushrooms
- 2 tsp miso paste
- 4 cups water or low-sodium vegetable broth
- 100g soba noodles
- 1 head Shanghai baby bok choy, chopped
- optional: soy sauce, seaweed, fresh herbs
Crispy Sesame Tofu:
- 1/2 block firm tofu
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- oil for frying
- In a pot on medium heat, add the oil, garlic and ginger. Saute a few minutes until fragrant.
- Add the carrot and mushrooms and cook a few more minutes. You can also add the bok choy or whatever other veggies you like, or pan fry them and add at the end.
- Add the broth and miso, whisk to combine. Bring to a simmer.
- Add noodles, let simmer until cooked. Taste and add a splash soy sauce, some seaweed or any other seasonings you like.
- Meanwhile, toss the tofu in the cornstarch and sesame seeds. Heat a frying pan to medium heat, then add a few tbsp oil and the tofu and cook about 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until golden on all sides. Add in the bok choy if you didn’t add it earlier and cook a few minutes until softened slightly.
- Serve soup into bowls, add tofu and bok choy and enjoy immediately.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes