These Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Pistachio Cookies are loaded with vegan chocolate chips, crushed pistachios and made fresh and easy in the air fryer. Baking this chocolate chip pistachio cookie recipe in the air fryer makes for a perfectly golden brown cookie on the outside while remaining soft and gooey on the inside.
- 1/2 cup vegan margarine, vegan butter, or coconut oil (SEE NOTE*)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk (like almond or soy)
- 1 tsp vanilla or vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- A pinch of salt (about 1/4 tsp)
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips (Chocolate chunks optional)
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios, roughly chopped (or crushed)
- Preheat oven to 350 F (SEE NOTE**)
- In a mixing bowl, cream together vegan margarine and brown sugar. Add almond milk and vanilla and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add dry mixture to wet in two parts, stirring to form a dough. Add chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Use scoop 1-2 tbsp of dough and roll into balls and place on a cookie sheet. Bake 9-11 minutes or until golden. Let cool a few minutes before devouring!
* I use soft tub margarine for my cookies (Becel brand- the vegan one). If you are using vegan butter or coconut oil I suggest adding an extra tbsp or two of the plant-based milk because they will have less moisture than a soft tub margarine. I notice that my cookies always flatten out nicely, but some of you have had trouble with the cooking not spreading and I think it is just due to your fat having less moisture! I hope this helps.
** I started baking them at 375 F and this helps them get more golden brown and slightly crispy on the outside. Baking at 350 F results in chewier cookies that are lighter in colour and take a little longer to cook).