This Homemade Vegan Garlic Bread is all the garlic and herb flavors you love packed on top of a fresh Italian load of bread, and toasted to perfection.
For the Garlic Bread:
- 1/2 loaf of bakery white or Italian baguette
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp salt
- 4 tbsp vegan soft butter
- 2 tbsp chopped shallot
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh minced garlic clove
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley or fresh basil
For the Vegan Parmesan:
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Remove the outer layers of the head of garlic and chop off the top .5″ so that the ends are exposed. Add Olive oil and a pinch of flaky salt before wrapping in tinfoil. Bake for 14-16 minutes and remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl add the butter, remainder of salt, parsley or basil, shallot, minced garlic and black pepper. Stir until fully combined.
- In a food processor, add all parmesan ingredients and blend to fully combine into a parmesan-like consistency.
- When garlic head is cool, squeeze the contents onto the baguette and spread overtop using a fork.
- Add the garlic butter spread and coat the inside of the baguette fully.
- Sprinkle as much vegan parmesan as desired onto loaf (there will be extra).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes or until top is golden brown and crispy. Remove from heat and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 15