Vegan Cajun Mac ‘Chicken’ Sandwich:
Are you craving a comforting sandwich that’s packed with flavor and easy to make? Look no further than this vegan Cajun mac ‘chicken’ sandwich. This recipe combines the creamy, cheesy goodness of vegan mac and cheese with the spicy kick of Cajun seasoning and the satisfying texture of a store-bought vegan chicken patty. Plus, it’s all made in just one pot and under 10 minutes!
- 2 cups macaroni
- 3 cups water
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp garlic powder (if you really like garlic add 1/2 tsp)
- 1/2 cup almond or soy milk
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup shredded vegan cheese
- pepper to taste
- 1 store-bought vegan chicken patty
- 2 tbsp vegan sriracha mayo
- 3 tsp Cajun seasoning
- To a large/medium pot, add macaroni, water, dijon, salt and garlic powder and stir well. Bring to a light boil, stirring frequently so it doesn’t stick. Cook until liquid is absorbed and pasta is cooked. If it starts getting sticky, you can add some splashes of extra water. Different brands of pasta may require more or less water, so have that extra 1 cup on hand to add in gradually just in case.
- Meanwhile, stir together the almond milk, nutritional yeast, tahini and lemon juice until creamy.
- When the pasta is cooked, add the sauce, vegan cheese and pepper and stir until cheese melts.
- While the pasta is cooking, cook the vegan chicken patty according to package instructions and season it with a sprinkle of Cajun seasoning.
- To assemble the sandwich, spread the vegan sriracha mayo on one side of the bun, add the vegan chicken patty and top it off with the mac and cheese.
- Enjoy your delicious vegan Cajun mac ‘chicken’ sandwich!
This recipe is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner or a satisfying lunch. The vegan mac and cheese is creamy, cheesy, and delicious, and the Cajun seasoning adds a nice spicy kick. The vegan chicken patty adds a satisfying texture and the vegan sriracha mayo adds a bit of tangy flavor. This sandwich is perfect for anyone looking for a quick and easy plant-based meal that is packed with flavor. Try it out and let us know what you think!
Spice Up Your Vegan Mac and Cheese: Cajun Seasoning 101
What is Cajun seasoning?
Cajun seasoning is a blend of spices that originated in Louisiana and is commonly used in Cajun and Creole cuisine. It typically includes a combination of paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper, among other spices. This blend gives food a unique, spicy and flavorful taste that is perfect for those who love a little heat in their meals.
Why use Cajun seasoning in vegan mac and cheese?
When it comes to vegan mac and cheese, adding Cajun seasoning can take it to the next level. The spices in the seasoning complement the creamy, cheesy flavor of the mac and cheese perfectly. It adds a nice kick of heat without overpowering the dish. Cajun seasoning also gives the dish a unique depth of flavor, making it more interesting and delicious.
How to use Cajun seasoning?
If you’re new to cooking with Cajun seasoning, start with a small amount and add more to taste. Everyone’s tolerance for spice is different, so it’s important to find the right balance for you. You can also adjust the amount of heat by adjusting the amount of cayenne pepper in the seasoning.
Versatility of Cajun seasoning Cajun seasoning is also a versatile ingredient that can be used in a variety of dishes. Try using it on roasted vegetables, in soups or stews, or as a dry rub for tofu or tempeh. You can also make your own Cajun seasoning by mixing together your favorite spices.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is Cajun seasoning and where can I find it?
A. Cajun seasoning is a blend of spices that originated in Louisiana and is commonly used in Cajun and Creole cuisine. It typically includes a combination of paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper, among other spices. You can typically find Cajun seasoning in the spice aisle of most grocery stores or you can also buy it online.
Q. Can I use any type of vegan milk in this recipe?
A. Yes, you can use any type of vegan milk you prefer. Almond milk and soy milk are both commonly used in vegan mac and cheese recipes, but you can also use oat milk, coconut milk, or any other type of non-dairy milk.
Q. Can I use any type of vegan cheese in this recipe?
A. Yes, you can use any type of vegan cheese you prefer. Shredded vegan cheese or vegan cheese blocks can be found in most grocery stores or you can also buy it online.
Q. Can I make this recipe gluten-free?
Yes, you can make this recipe gluten-free by using gluten-free pasta and gluten-free bread for the sandwich.
Q. Can I make this recipe in advance?
A. Yes, you can make the vegan mac and cheese in advance and reheat it when you’re ready to assemble the sandwiches. You can also make the sandwiches in advance, but it is best to wait to add the mac and cheese until you’re ready to eat so the bread doesn’t get soggy.