Quick and easy vegan Cajun mac ‘chicken’ sandwich recipe. Made with vegan mac and cheese, Cajun seasoning, and store-bought vegan chicken patty. Perfect for a weeknight dinner or lunch. Try it now!
For the Cajun Mac
- 2 cups macaroni
- 3 cups water
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp garlic powder (if you really like garlic add 1/2 tsp)
- 1/2 cup almond or soy milk
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup shredded vegan cheese
- pepper to taste
For the Sandwich
- 1 store-bought vegan chicken patty
- 2 tbsp vegan sriracha mayo
- Cajun seasoning to taste
- To a large/medium pot, add macaroni, water, dijon, salt and garlic powder and stir well. Bring to a light boil, stirring frequently so it doesn’t stick. Cook until liquid is absorbed and pasta is cooked. If it starts getting sticky, you can add some splashes of extra water. Different brands of pasta may require more or less water, so have that extra 1 cup on hand to add in gradually just in case.
- Meanwhile, stir together the almond milk, nutritional yeast, tahini and lemon juice until creamy.
- When the pasta is cooked, add the sauce, vegan cheese and pepper and stir until cheese melts.
- While the pasta is cooking, cook the vegan chicken patty according to package instructions and season it with Cajun seasoning. (I used NotCo Vegan chicken patties)
- To assemble the sandwich, spread the vegan sriracha mayo on one side of the bun, add the vegan chicken patty and top it off with the mac and cheese.
- Enjoy your delicious vegan Cajun mac ‘chicken’ sandwich!
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 20