Chipotle’s Queso Blanco is a white cheese sauce made from a blend of cheeses, including Monterey Jack or white cheddar, vegan cream cheese and cashews. It’s seasoned with chili pepper and spices for a creamy, spicy sauce that’s perfect for drizzling on your favorite Mexican dishes.
- 3/4 cup raw cashews (soaked overnight if needed)
- 2 medium-large russets potatoes peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp vegan cream cheese
- 1 cup vegan white cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese shreds
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1–2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tbsp mild/medium salsa
- 1 tbsp pickled jalapeno
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1/4 cup pablano pepper chopped
- 2 tbsp red chilis chopped
- 1 1/2 cups plant milk
- Boil and strain potatoes until fork tender.
- Drain and rinse the soaked cashews. (Note: If you have a high speed blender like a vitamix, there is no need to soak the cashews)
- To a medium pan over medium heat, sear the shallot, poblano, garlic and red chilis. Cook until shallot is translucent and peppers are slightly browned and softened. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a high-speed blender, combine the cashews, potatoes, Vegan cheese shreds, vegan cream cheese nutritional yeast, chili powder, salt, cumin, and plant milk.
- Blend until smooth and creamy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the cheese sauce into an oven safe dish and add onion and pepper mixture, salsa, and pickled jalapeños, Stir to combine.
- Serve warm over tacos, burritos, nachos, or anything else you can think of!