This homemade vegan granola recipe uses simple, wholesome ingredients and is easy to make. Lightly golden and crisp, reminiscent of an oatmeal cookie. Enjoy a nutritious and satisfying breakfast every morning with this delicious vegan granola!
- 1 1/2 cups oats (I use quick oats)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or agave
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs (can sub chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 300 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, add oats, cinnamon and salt and stir to combine. Add coconut oil and maple syrup and stir very well until combined and all oats are evenly coated.
- Spread onto prepared baking sheet in a layer about 1/2 inch thick, smoothing it out with the back of a spoon and making the edges neat so no oats will burn or cook unevenly.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, stir to incorporate edges into the middle and then add the pecans and pumpkin seeds. Flatten into a layer again and bake for another 5-7 minutes until lightly golden but not brown.
- Remove from oven and add cacao nibs. If using chocolate chips instead, let it cool before adding so they don’t melt.
- Once cool, add to a glass jar or Tupperware and store at room temperature up to 2 weeks.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes