Homemade fluffy beer dough, smothered in garlic butter and vegan cheese.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp instant yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 330 mL (1 bottle) room temperature mild beer like a pale ale or lager
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 batch beer dough, or ball of store-bought dough
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp vegan butter (I use Becel sticks)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded vegan cheese (I use either Daiya cutting board collection or Earth Island shreds, or a mix!)
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- marinara sauce for dipping, optional
- For the beer dough: in a mixing bowl, combine the flour, yeast and salt and whisk until combined. Add the beer and oil and mix to form a smooth dough ball. Cover with a tea towel or plastic wrap and place in a warm, draft-free area for 1 hour to rise.
- Preheat oven to 450 F. Shape the dough into a pizza shape about 10-12 inches in diameter. Place on a Parc ament-lined baking tray or pizza stone.
- In a small pot on medium heat, combine the garlic and vegan butter and heat until melted. Spread evenly over crust, then add vegan cheese shreds in an even layer, followed by the parsley.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until golden brown on the bottom and bubbling on top. Slice into “fingers” then dip in desired sauce. Enjoy!