Boiled potatoes that are (lightly) smashed with a glass until flattened, then baked in the oven with a lemon, herb & garlic vinaigrette until crispy and fragrant.
- 20 small-medium potatoes
- 4 tbsp vegan butter, melted
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh sage
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- lemon wedges for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil and use a basting brush or back of a spoon to spread it over the parchment.
- Add potatoes to a pot of water and boil until fork-tender, about 10 minutes. Drain.
- In a bowl, combine melted vegan butter, 2 tbsp olive oil, garlic, dill, rosemary, sage chilli flakes, lemon juice and salt and stir to combine.
- Place potatoes on the baking sheet and use a heavy glass to lightly press down on each one until flattened. Drizzle the vinaigrette over the potatoes, using a basting brush to ensure they are coated.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes until crispy and golden. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before serving. Serve with lemon wedges for extra tangy lemon flavour, if desired.