Veggie fried rice with vegan mushroom “scallops”, the perfect side dish OR add crumbled tofu to make it a hearty main.
- 240g (approx 1 package) King Oyster mushrooms, cut into rounds & scored (see photo below) *discard tops
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 cup chopped mixed veggies (I did corn and chopped bok choy, but peas, and carrots work well too!)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil (optional)
- Black pepper to taste
- To a large skillet on medium-high heat, add vegan butter. When sizzling, add mushroom rounds and sear about 5 minutes per side or until golden brown. Add the other veggies and fry another 2 minutes until softened slightly.
- Add rice, soy sauce, sesame oil and black pepper and stir to combine. Cook about 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until browned and heated through. Serve.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes