These Vegan Hawaiian Black Salt Caramel Cookies are a classic cookie base with a vegan black salt chocolate covered caramel centre.
- 1/2 cup vegan margarine, or softened vegan butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk (like almond or soy)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 4 Vegan Hawaiian Black Salt Caramels
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together vegan butter and brown sugar for about 3 minutes until light and fluffy. Add almond milk and vanilla and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add dry mixture to wet in two parts, stirring to form a dough. Add chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Use approx 5 tbsp of dough per cookie, placing a caramel inside and flattening the dough into a disc shape around the chocolate so there are no gaps or holes in the dough for the caramel to escape.
- Bake on prepared baking sheet for 12-14 minutes, until lightly golden brown on top.
- Let cool on the baking sheet about 10 minutes before removing and transferring to a cooling rack. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 14 minutes