This Vegan Pesto Rigatoni with Cajun Sausage is creamy, loaded with herbs and topped with a smoky meatless cajun sausage! Perfect for your next easy weeknight dinner idea!
- 2 Very Good Butchers Cajun Sausages (optional: You can use any meatless sausage and a pinch of cajun seasoning when cooking)
- 1 cup dry rigatoni
- 1 cup fresh kale
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 2 tbsp vegan parmesan
- 1/4 cup fresh basil or 1 tbsp pesto seasoning
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon
- In a medium pot over high heat, add your rigatoni to and bring to a boil.
- While it cooks, add to a food processor or blender your kale, cashews, olive oil, nutritional yeast, pesto seasoning, lemon and salt. Blend until cashews are mostly blended and the spread is creamy. If you need to, you can blend the coconut milk in as well – this will make it easier for some machines to blend!
- Strain your rigatoni and set aside.
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, add your vegan sausages from frozen and cover with lid. Cook evenly on all sides until golden brown and cooked throughout.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, add your coconut milk and pesto spread mixture. Stir and let simmer for 1-2 minutes. Add the cooked rigatoni and simmer until noodles are coated with pesto sauce and the liquid is mostly evaporated.
- Serve by adding rigatoni to your serving plate, and top with sliced cajun sausages and 1 tbsp of vegan parm.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 20