Fluffy banana cake topped with a Biscoff cookie butter cinnamon frosting (that is piped on to look like little clouds!) and dotted with mini dairy-free white chocolate chips.
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup vegan butter or coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup Biscoff cookie butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1–2 tbsp nondairy milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease an 8-inch square metal baking pan.
- Make the cake: Mix the ground flax seed and water together and set aside.
- Mash the bananas in a mixing bowl. Add the vegan butter, sugar, almond milk and ground flax mixture and stir well to combine.
- Add the flour, baking soda and baking powder and stir until just combined to form a thick batter.
- Spread into an eve n layer in the baking pan. Bake in preheated oven for 26-28 minutes, until golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs.
- Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack until cooled completely. Once completely cool, cut into 16 squares.
- Meanwhile, make the frosting: Combine frosting ingredients in a mixing bowl and use a hand mixer or stand mixer to beat until creamy. It should be very thick. If you need to add a bit more nondairy milk or powdered sugar to get it thinner or thicker, do that!
- Add frosting into a piping bag with a plain round piping tip (or just cut the bag if you don’t have a piping tip) so the frosting comes out in a smooth tube shape. Starting at one corner, pipe a squiggle to the opposite corner. Add a few white chocolate chips. Repeat with all squares.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 25 minutes