No Bake Nougat Protein Bites are sneaky nutrient dense little energy balls with a few simple ingredients – but taste like you’re eating dessert! Gluten-free, refined sugar-free and completely vegan, these will be your new favourite healthy dessert!
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate protein powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 banana
- 3–4 dates or sub 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup nut or seed butter
- splash of vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup nondairy milk
- For coating: 2 tsp coconut oil + 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Blend all ingredients except coconut oil and chocolate chips in a small food processor (or alternatively blend the banana and dates with the milk first and then mix it all together by hand if you don’t have a mini food processor)!
- Roll into 12 balls then freeze the balls while you melt the chocolate and coconut oil.
- Roll each ball in chocolate and place on parchment lined tray. Add cacao nibs, nuts or sea salt if desired.
- Freeze again for about 20 mins. Store in the fridge for up to 1 week!