This Easy Vegan Chocolate Stuffed French Toast recipe is your choice of thick cut bakery bread (I used high fiber white loaf) topped with berries, pistachios, dark maple syrup and of course, stuffed with premium chocolate. Perfect for this holiday brunch recipes choice or mid-week pick me up.
For the Batter:
- 1/2 block firm tofu (approx 6 oz.)
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 – 1 tbsp vanilla (I like a lot of vanilla)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
For the French Toast:
- 2 tbsp Vegan butter for frying
- 1 large loaf of your favourite bread cut into a 2″ slice
- Maple syrup
- Handful of blackberries & blueberries
- 10–20g of dark chocolate (Used Purdy’s Chocolatier brand)
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Pistachios (optional)
- Start by making the batter: add the tofu, plant-based milk, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour batter into a shallow bowl.
- On a cutting board, slice the load into a 2″ thick rectangle ( wide enough to slice a small slit into one side. Add the vegan chocolate into the slit when cut.
- Heat a frying pan to medium heat and add some vegan butter. When it starts to sizzle, dip the slice of bread into the batter, then quickly dip the other sides. Allow any excess to drip off, then place in the pan. Cook a few minutes per side until golden brown. Remove from heat.
- Add pistachios, Berries, powdered sugar and maple syrup (if desired!).