Classic chocolate chip cookies made without the dairy butter, milk or eggs! Everyone loves these cookies and can never guess that they’re vegan!
- 1/2 cup vegan margarine, vegan butter or coconut oil (SEE NOTE*)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk (like almond or soy)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt (about 1/4 tsp)
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F (SEE NOTE**)
- In a mixing bowl, cream together vegan margarine and brown sugar. Add almond milk and vanilla and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add dry mixture to wet in two parts, stirring to form a dough. Add chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Use scoop 1-2 tbsp of dough and roll into balls and place on a cookie sheet. Bake 9-11 minutes or until golden. Let cool a few minutes before devouring!
* I use soft tub margarine for my cookies (Becel brand- the vegan one). If you are using vegan butter or coconut oil I suggest adding an extra tbsp or two of the plant-based milk because they will have less moisture than a soft tub margarine. I notice that my cookies always flatten out nicely, but some of you have had trouble with the cooking not spreading and I think it is just due to your fat having less moisture! I hope this helps. 🙂
** I started baking them at 375 F and this helps them get more golden brown and slightly crispy on the outside. Baking at 350 F results in chewier cookies that are lighter in colour and take a little longer to cook).
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes