I have TONS of vegan cookie recipes on this site, but this is my favourite recipe for classic chocolate chip cookies. They are every bit as chewy, chocolatey and delicious as regular chocolate chip cookies and the good news is they are EASY to make. These are the cookies that I make all the time for parties and potlucks and the recipe never fails me. I get messages and comments all the time from people who made them for their non-vegan friends and family and were delighted that they got such a positive response.
PS: for more delicious sweets recipes, check out my cookbook Liv B’s Vegan on a Budget!Print
Classic chocolate chip cookies made without the dairy butter, milk or eggs! Everyone loves these cookies and can never guess that they’re vegan!
- 1/2 cup vegan margarine, vegan butter or coconut oil (SEE NOTE*)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk (like almond or soy)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt (about 1/4 tsp)
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F (SEE NOTE**)
- In a mixing bowl, cream together vegan margarine and brown sugar. Add almond milk and vanilla and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- Add dry mixture to wet in two parts, stirring to form a dough. Add chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Use scoop 1-2 tbsp of dough and roll into balls and place on a cookie sheet. Bake 9-11 minutes or until golden. Let cool a few minutes before devouring!
* I use soft tub margarine for my cookies (Becel brand- the vegan one). If you are using vegan butter or coconut oil I suggest adding an extra tbsp or two of the plant-based milk because they will have less moisture than a soft tub margarine. I notice that my cookies always flatten out nicely, but some of you have had trouble with the cooking not spreading and I think it is just due to your fat having less moisture! I hope this helps. 🙂
** I started baking them at 375 F and this helps them get more golden brown and slightly crispy on the outside. Baking at 350 F results in chewier cookies that are lighter in colour and take a little longer to cook).