- 1 cup rice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 6 vegan chick’un fingers or nuggets, chopped (or use my recipe for tofu nuggets)
- 1 cup baby bok choy
- optional: sesame seeds for garnish
- 3 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 – 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp corn starch + 3 tbsp water
- Cook rice according to package directions. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan on medium heat, add the olive oil, garlic, broccoli, and vegan chick’un.
- Cook a few minutes, stirring occasionally until chick’un is golden brown. Add the bok choy and cook a few minutes until wilted.
- Stir together sauce ingredients until combined. In a separate bowl, mix together cornstarch and water and stir until combined. Pour sauce over veggies, then add cornstarch mixture. Stir frequently as the sauce will thicken quickly.
- Once thickened, divide rice into bowls and spoon stir fry overtop. Garnish with sesame seeds if desired.