This is a recipe for one of my favourite summer desserts: Mixed Berry Cobbler! This recipe is easy and uses ingredients you may even have in your kitchen already!
- 3/4 cups + 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp white sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp cold vegan butter
- 1/3 cup nondairy milk
- 600 g (about 4 cups) frozen or fresh mixed berries
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Whisk together the flour, cane sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut in the vegan butter until the mixture becomes crumbly. Pour in the nondairy milk and stir to form a dough.
- If using fresh berries, skip this step. If using frozen, place berries in a mesh strainer and rinse with cold water until the water runs clear (watch video below for demo).
- Combine the berries, brown sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon in a medium bowl; stir to coat.
- Transfer to a casserole dish. Scatter pea-size pieces of the vegan butter evenly overtop.
- Use a small spoon or your hands to drop clumps of batter over the berries until they are completely covered.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, until the top is golden brown. Remove from the oven and let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Serve warm, with coconut whipped cream or vegan vanilla ice cream.