Vegan mushroom “scallops” in a creamy white wine mustard sauce. Amazing served with my garlic thyme mashed potatoes.
- 240g King Oyster mushrooms, cut into rounds & scored (see photo below) *discard tops
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 shallot or 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine like Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp smooth dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup kale, washed and chopped
- To a large frying pan on medium-high heat, add vegan butter. When sizzling, add mushroom rounds, onion and garlic and sear mushrooms about 5 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Add white wine and cook 3 minutes, until mostly absorbed. Add coconut milk, Dijon Mustard, maple syrup, salt and stir to combine. Simmer on medium heat until sightly thickened.
- Add kale and cook a few minutes until wilted. Sprinkle with black pepper, then serve over pasta or mashed potatoes.