Fresh and frozen veggies are great in this flavourful, tangy garlic butter brothy stir fry.
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 2 cups mixed veggies (I used frozen carrots & cauliflower)
- 1 cup packed finely chopped kale
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar or maple syrup
- 1/2 lime
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- cooked rice, for serving (if desired)
- In a medium/large skillet over medium heat, add vegan butter. When sizzling, add the garlic and ginger and cook 3 minutes.
- Add the bell pepper, broccoli and frozen veggies. Cook 5 minutes or until veggies start to soften slightly. Add the kale and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly to wilt.
- Add coconut milk, soy sauce, brown sugar, lime juice, a pinch of salt and red pepper flakes. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a gentle simmer and cook a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove form heat and serve over rice, noodles, quinoa etc. Serve with vegan protein if desired! I also like to serve with lime wedges.