The perfect thick and creamy coconut curry carrot soup. One of my favourite winter recipes and it makes great leftovers!
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 cups chopped carrot
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp mild yellow curry powder
- 400 mL can of full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth (to add as needed for thinning)
- Ryvita Rye & Oat Bran Crispbread, for serving
- In a pot on medium heat, add the oil, onion and garlic and cook 4 minutes, until onions become translucent. Add the carrots and cook 3 more minutes, until softened slightly.
- Add the spices and stir to combine. Add the coconut milk and stir to combine. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook 20 minutes, or until carrots are soft.
- Transfer soup to a blender or use an immersion blender and blend until smooth. If using a regular blender, remove the plug in the lid and cover lightly with a tea towel to allow steam to escape. If soup is too thick for your liking, add ½ cup, or up to 1 cup, of vegetable broth to thin.
- Return to pot on the stove and heat gently, stirring frequently, until hot. Serve hot with Ryvita Rye & Oat Bran crispbread for dipping!