Thin and crispy, yet chewy, cinnamon oatmeal cookies with a hint of coffee flavour.
- 1/2 cup softened vegan butter or margarine
- 1 cup white or organic cane sugar
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp coffee (I used 2 tbsp water + 1/2 tsp instant coffee grounds)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the molasses, vanilla and coffee and stir to combine.
- Add the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt and stir to combine. Add the oats and mix until just combined.
- Use a cookie scoop or 1 tbsp scoop to make balls of dough and space them out on the baking sheet, leaving room in between to spread.
- Bake for 9 minutes. Remove from the oven and bang the pan on the counter once to help flatten the cookies. Allow to cool on the pan (they will cook a little bit more as they sit on the pan).
- Once cool, transfer to an airtight container and store at room temperature up to 4 days.