Introducing my new favourite dessert: Cinnamon Latte Oatmeal Cookies!
I was in a cookie mood yesterday, so I decided to make cookies inspired by one of my favourite coffee drinks, a cinnamon latte! These cookies are the perfect thin and crispy, yet still chewy oatmeal cookies. Except these ones are extra special! Not only are they packed with delicious cinnamon flavour, but you can really taste a hint of coffee too! I find sometimes with cookies its hard to get the coffee flavour to come through all the butter and sugar, but you really can taste it, but its not over powering at all!
The perfect cookie, promise. And if you want to get even fancier, serve these with a homemade cinnamon latte (I just do espresso and frothed oat milk, topped with a sprinkle of cinnamon) to dip the cookies in!
Also, these cookies are a one-bowl recipe! I love one-bowl baking recipes because the worst part of baking is the clean up. So if there is only one bowl to clean I am a happy camper! If you like one bowl recipes, make sure to check out my NEW cookbook Liv B’s Easy Everyday! It has 100 one-bowl, sheet pan and 5-ingredient vegan recipes. I know you’ll love it!Print
Cinnamon Latte Oatmeal Cookies
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 18 cookies
Thin and crispy, yet chewy, cinnamon oatmeal cookies with a hint of coffee flavour.
- 1/2 cup softened vegan butter or margarine
- 1 cup white or organic cane sugar
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp coffee (I used 2 tbsp water + 1/2 tsp instant coffee grounds)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the molasses, vanilla and coffee and stir to combine.
- Add the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt and stir to combine. Add the oats and mix until just combined.
- Use a cookie scoop or 1 tbsp scoop to make balls of dough and space them out on the baking sheet, leaving room in between to spread.
- Bake for 9 minutes. Remove from the oven and bang the pan on the counter once to help flatten the cookies. Allow to cool on the pan (they will cook a little bit more as they sit on the pan).
- Once cool, transfer to an airtight container and store at room temperature up to 4 days.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 9 minutes
Just made these. The taste is absolutely amazing! Love it so much! Thanks for sharing the recipe. But mine didn’t turn out with beautiful cracks like yours. Guess the blame is on my first home made vegan butter… the cookie was only plain flat. But love the taste. Will definitely try again!
These look delicious 😋. Do you think I can substitute the molasses for maple syrup or brown sugar? I don’t have any molasses and want to try these out ASAP!
You can use brown sugar instead of white and leave out the molasses 🙂
Just made these and they are sooo good! The hint of coffee and vanilla is perfect. I added some vegan chocolate chips because, why not? Mine spread out a bit more but the centre was soft and chewy and the edges crispy, just the way I like them!
I made these and they’re delicious, but mine come out of the oven completely flat! They’re more gooey in the centre and crunchy on the edges, but nearly paper thin.. any advice? I’m using Becel vegan margarine, and all the other same ingredients!
It could be the type of oats, next time add some more flour – around 1/3 cup should do it 🙂
I’m using the PC Organic Quick Oats from Loblaws/Superstore. Going to try again with the increase in flour, thank you!
The cookies were delicious 🙂 I initially had trouble getting the cookies to rise on my first attempt, so I substituted the 1 tsp baking soda with 3 tsp of baking powder and put the cookie dough in the freezer for a bit to firm the dough up. The cookies turned out perfectly! Nice and crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside. Thank you for this wonderful, easy recipe!
thanks for the tips!!
These cookies are simply perfect, crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside! The whole family loves them. Thank you so much for this lovely recipe!
Love these! I always add pecans and extra cinnamon. Delicious❤️
Just made these! They taste great. But in a moment of rush, I forgot to let the coffee (espresso) cool down before adding it to the mix. I got a giant, flat cookie 😂 still good though, but you should probably specify coffee temperature in the recipe!