Butter and brown sugar pumpkin cookie dough with pumpkin spice and chocolate chips.
- 3/4 cup vegan butter, melted
- 1/4 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups dairy-free choc chips
- Heat treat the flour: Preheat the oven to 300 F, spread the flour over a parchment-lined baking tray and bake it for two-minute intervals (will be abut 10 minutes maximum baking time) until the temperature hits 165 F. Don’t bake it so long that it turns brown or burns – you want it just baked to kill off any bacteria present and then let it cool before using.
- Make the cookie dough: In a mixing bowl or bowl of a stand mixer, add the melted butter, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, white sugar, and vanilla and beat until fully combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice stir until just combined – don’t over mix.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Enjoy! Store in an airtight container in the fridge up to 3 days (I don’t like to leave it much longer than that) or freezer for up to 3 months. If you wish to bake the dough into cookies, click here.