Soft Batch Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies… I can’t think of anything better! Buttery brown sugar pumpkin base, spiced perfectly with pumpkin pie spice, and finished off with gooey melting chocolate. They’re like the fall version of my Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies. Perfect for early fall baking, Thanksgiving dessert or a “just because” treat for yourself! Finish them off with a sprinkle of coarse sea salt and prepare to be addicted!
Not only are these cookies delicious, but they’re pretty simple to make. No crazy ingredients, and you can probably find a lot of it in your pantry already!
For these cookies, you’ll need:
- vegan butter (I like Becel sticks or the new PC Plant-Based Butter)
- pumpkin puree (I use canned pumpkin – not pumpkin pie filling, just pure pumpkin)
- brown sugar (you could use dark or light, both are tasty for these cookies!)
- regular sugar (but if you only have brown sugar, just use all brown)
- flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt (you can sub a gluten-free baking blend instead of all purpose flour)
- dairy-free chocolate chips (I use semi sweet PC brand!)
I truly can’t think of any better recipe than this one for a Sunday afternoon with nothing to do. Light a candle, play your favourite fall music (John Mayer, Paradise Valley is my go to) and bake these cookies! You’ll notice I call these “soft batch” cookies. To keep them soft, make sure you store them in an airtight container at room temperature. That way they will retain their soft and gooeyness as long as possible.
And, if you’re looking for more pumpkin recipes, I would definitely suggest these! I’ve split it up into sweet and savoury in case one or the other is more your vibe. I love pumpkin so much, its full of fibre and colour and makes every fall dish so much more fun!
Sweet Pumpkin Recipes:
Pumpkin Loaf with Streusel Topping
Giant Bakery-Style Pumpkin Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Savoury Pumpkin Recipes:
If you make these cookies, definitely take a photo and tag me on insta, or leave a comment and let us know how it went for you and if you made any changes! I love when you enjoy my recipes and add things to make it your own!Print
Soft Batch Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Total Time: 30 minutes
Gooey, chewy, soft batch pumpkin spice cookies with chocolate chips and sea salt.
- 3/4 cup vegan butter, melted
- 1/4 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups choc chips
- optional: course sea salt for tops
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl or bowl of a stand mixer, add the melted butter, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, white sugar, and vanilla and beat until fully combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice stir until just combined – don’t over mix.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Use a 1-2 tbsp size scoop to scoop out balls of cookie dough onto the sheet pan. Leave room to spread.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes (I prefer to undertake them slightly to really make sure they’re soft and gooey) until lightly golden brown on the top.
- Let cool on the pan a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Sprinkle with coarse salt, if desired.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 4 days, or in the fridge up to 1 week.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes for multiple batches
My cookies are still in the oven, but this is hands down the tastiest cookie dough that I’ve ever had. 🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼
THE BEST!!!! Cookies. I. Have. Ever. Had!!!!!!
I’m so excited to try this recipe! Quick question.. do you use salted or unsalted vegan butter?
salted normally 🙂
How many cookies does this recipe make?
The dough turned out really gooey (could not form balls at all) – probably due to trying to convert everything from cups to grams, but added more flour until a good consistency. They still turned out amazing!
Will be keeping this recipe 🙂
These cookies are SO GOOD! Made them for a group of non-vegans and everyone loved them! 10/10 would recommend
SO GOOD!!! Easy to make and tastes AMAZING!
Sooo good! Chewy and soft and just a perfect cookie.
AMAZIIIIIIIIIING! I love your traditional chocolate chip cookie recipe and now I’m adding this one to my collection for fall cookies! I followed the recipe exactly and they came out perfectly.
I’m so pumped to see you have a pumpkin chocolate chip cookie recipe! I make your regular chocolate chip cookies on a monthly basis so I’m excited to try these! Thank you thank you!
Delicious and so easy to make!! Will be making again. Love all your recipes and videos Liv 🙂
Can you replace the butter for oil? I just made these and apparently the butter I just bought was rancid!? Hahaha they taste like blue cheese pumkin cookies 😅
omg ew!!! hahaha I haven’t tried, let me know if you try it!
I know I’m late, but I made these today and they were one of the best chocolate chip cookies I’ve made!
Also, I used Bob’s Red Mill gluten-free 1:1 flour. Great recipe!
My cookies didn’t spread at all, but they were still delightful!
SO GOOD! Didn’t have an electric mixer so just stirred the wet ingredients by hand and everything still turned out perfectly.
These cookies were great for bringing to the table on thanksgiving, everyone loved them. I may have hindered them a bit because I used unsalted butter being an amateur baker but you can taste the difference , if they are this good now I can’t wait to try them when I make them next with salted.
You can add a bit of extra salt next time if you use unsalted butter 🙂 Glad you liked them!