Homemade pumpkin spice brown sugar syrup, shaken up with freshly brewed espresso, poured over ice, topped with creamy oat milk.
Pumpkin Spice Brown Sugar Syrup:
- 4 tbsp lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 double shots of espresso
- a mason jar or cocktail shaker with a few ice cubes
- 2 glasses filled half way with ice
- oat milk (as much as you need to top up the serving cup, approx 2 cups of milk total)
- In a small frying pan or pot on the stove, add the syrup ingredients and heat on medium-high, whisking to combine. Once it starts simmering, lower the heat to medium-low and simmer about 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently, until sugar has completely dissolved and syrup has thickened just slightly. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Brew two shots of espresso or about 1/2 cup of very strong coffee. Add to the mason jar with 4 tbsp of syrup, swirl around quickly, then add a few ice cubes and shake vigorously for about 1 minute, until foamy. Store the remaining syrup in a small jar in the fridge up to 1 week.
- Divide the espresso mixture between the serving glasses. Add oat milk to top it up. Stir and enjoy!