- 2 tbsp oil
- 8 vegan meatballs
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 1 large potato, diced
- 2 1/2 cups vegan chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 2 cups nondairy milk
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- pinch salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped kale or spinach
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/3 cup nondairy milk
- To a large pot over medium heat, add the oil, meatballs and onion and cook 5 minutes, until meatballs are browned on the outside and onions start to turn translucent.
- Add carrots and potatoes and cook another 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the broth, nondairy milk and spices and bring to a boil. Cook, covered, for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, add the flour, baking powder, salt, and thyme and whisk to combine. Add nondairy milk and stir to form a sticky batter. Set aside.
- Use a tablespoon to drop dollops of batter into the soup. Try not to let them touch. Cover and let simmer another 8 minutes, until dumplings are expanded in size and floating on top.
- Add the kale and let wilt for about 30 seconds. Taste broth and add any more salt and pepper as needed. Serve.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge up to 3 days. To reheat, add to a pot over low-medium heat and stir frequently, until warmed through.