Creamy, salty whipped vegan feta dip with sticky caramelized dates & almonds and topped with hot maple drizzle.
Sticky Caramelized Dates & Sliced Almonds
- 1 tbsp oil
- 10 dates, pitted and chopped
- 3 tbsp sliced almonds
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp brown sugar or maple syrup
Whipped Feta Dip:
- 200g block of feta cheese, crumbled (or 1 cup homemade feta)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup hummus
- 1/4 cup vegan cream cheese (optional, for extra creaminess)
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
Hot Maple Drizzle:
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- 1 baguette, ripped into chunks
- 2 tbsp oil
- salt & black pepper to taste
- In a frying pan on medium heat, add the oil, dates, almonds, cinnamon and brown sugar and stir to coat. Heat, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes, until sticky and caramelized. Set aside to cool (you can transfer to a small bowl so it doesn’t stick to your pan).
- In a food processor, add all whipped feta ingredients and process until completely smooth and creamy. Spoon into a large shallow bowl and use your spoon to swirl and spread it around.
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Place the bread chunks on a sheet pan and drizzle with oil, and sprinkle with a bit of salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Bake about 5-10 minutes, until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, stir together hot maple drizzle ingredients.
- When ready to serve, spoon chunks of the sticky dates & almonds overtop of the whipped feta. Spoon on the hot maple drizzle, then serve immediately with warm bread chunks. Enjoy!
This recipe was inspired by Half Baked Harvest’s Whipped Goat Cheese with Warm Candied Bacon and Dates.