Carrots steamed then tossed in a buttery, sweet and tangy spiced glaze and topped with flaky salt and fresh herbs.
- 2 lbs carrots, halved, then sliced lengthwise (see video)
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tap garlic powder
- generous pinch of salt to taste (plus coarse salt for garnish)
- optional: fresh herbs or micro greens for garnish (add just before serving)
- Place carrots in a pot or frying pan fitted with a steamer basket and a few inches of water in the bottom. Steam on high heat for 10 minutes, or until carrots are fork-tender.
- Drain carrots and set aside.
- In a frying pan on low heat, add the butter. When melted, add all other ingredients and stir to combine. Add the carrots and stir to coat.
- Put oven on Broil setting. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Add carrots to prepared sheet pan and bake in oven for about 5-10 minutes, until just starting to crisp and brown.
- Remove from oven and add to serving dish. Garnish with flaky salt and fresh herbs/microgreens if using. Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes