Fluffy, slightly crispy mini-size vegan buttermilk pancakes served with sliced veggie sausage, vegan butter and maple syrup.
- 1 1/4 cups nondairy milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 vegan sausage, sliced into rounds
- vegan butter, for serving
- maple syrup, for serving
- optional: spray oil for the pan or you can grease with vegan butter
- Combine the nondairy milk and apple cider vinegar, stirring well. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Add the oil to the almondmilk mixture and stir. Then pour into dry mixture.
- Mix until combined into a thin pancake batter. You can use a whisk to make it lump-free.
- Heat a frying pan to medium heat. Spray oil lightly onto pan.
- Pour batter into a squeeze bottle or use a 1 tsp measuring spoon to make small pancake shapes. Fit as many as you can in the pan without letting them touch (they will spread slightly).
- Let them cook until tiny bubbles rise to the surface then burst. Take a peak underneath one and if it is golden, flip them to the other side. Cook about 30 seconds-1 minute on the other side.
- Meanwhile, fry the vegan sausage rounds in a frying pan until cooked through and golden.
- Repeat pancake steps with all remaining batter (it will be quite a few batches).
- Add pancake rounds and sausage into a bowl or two bowls if you’re sharing. Top with some vegan butter and maple syrup. Dig in!