Even the classiest Santa can’t refuse digging in to these fudgy, gooey double chocolate cookies, rolled in cardamom sugar and topped with crunchy crushed pistachio!
- 1/2 cup vegan margarine or softened vegan butter
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp espresso powder (optional)
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt (optional)
- 1/2 cup or dairy free chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. In a mixing bowl, cream together vegan margarine and sugar until combined and fluffy. Add non-dairy milk, vanilla and espresso powder if using and mix until combined.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet, stirring to form a dough. Stir in the chocolate chips.
5. Stir together cane sugar and cardamom and place on a plate or in a shallow bowl.
6. Roll balls of dough the size you like – 2 tbsp is a good regular size or I used a large 4 tbsp size cookie scoop for these and got 9 large cookies. Dip each dough ball in pistachios to coat the top, then roll in the cardamom sugar.
7. Space evenly on a baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 11-14 minutes (11 for smaller cookies, 14 minutes for cookies my size). Remove from oven and allow to cool and set 5 minutes (if they’re too hot they’ll fall apart) before transferring to cooling rack to cool completely.