This is the Vegan Bang Bang Burger – filled with a gooey pocket of vegan cheese and topped with mouth-watering Bang Bang sauce and crispy fried jalapeños, this will change the way you do burger night!
- 2 beyond meat patties
- 1 fresh burger bun
1/4 cup fried Onions and or Jalapeños
- 1/2 cup vegan cheese shreds
- 1/3 cup nondairy milk (I use oat)
For the Bang Bang Sauce
- 1/3 cup vegan mayo
- 3 tbsp Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
- 2 tsp Sriracha
For the Burger
- Gently flatten both burger patties and press a shallow dip into the center of each.
- In a small pot, bring the milk to a gentle simmer and add in the vegan cheese shreds. Quickly stir until melted, and remove from heat. Let the cheese mixture cool in the fridge before adding into the shallow indentation on the bottom patty. Place the other patty over top and push on edges to seal in the cheese mixture.
- In a non-stick pan over medium heat, add the burger patty. Cook until browned and cooked through on both sides.
- Make the bang bang sauce: add all bang bang sauce ingredients into a small dish and stir to combine.
- Remove from heat and add burger patty to the bottom bun. Lather both sides in Bang Bang Sauce.
- Top with fried onions and jalapenos and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10