This Vegan Caramel Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Cookie Skillet is your new favourite dessert with a healthyish caramel drizzle overtop. Oats, flour, brown sugar, vanilla, chocolate chips… it doesn’t get much better than that!
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup nondairy milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup quick oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup chopped chocolate chunks
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips for top
Optional: chocolate chunks to decorate top
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Grease a cast iron skillet. Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together vegan butter and brown sugar. Add almond milk and vanilla and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add dry mixture to wet, stirring to form a dough. Add chocolate chunks and stir to combine.
- Press into skillet and top extra chocolate chips.
- Bake in preheated oven for 22-24 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Meanwhile, in a small pot on low/medium heat add coconut oil, maple syrup and almond butter. Whisk until combined. Set aside.
- Remove cookie skillet from oven and let cool 10 minutes. Drizzle caramel on top and slice & serve. Enjoy!