This Vegan Caramel Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Cookie Skillet is your new favourite dessert with a healthyish caramel drizzle overtop. This cookie skillet is made using all vegan ingredients, and many staples you likely have in your pantry already! Oats, flour, brown sugar, vanilla, chocolate chips… it doesn’t get much better than that! It’s super easy to make and incredibly delicious to share and eat. There’s no excuse not to make it right now!
Cookies are my comfort recipe. No matter the occasion, I always feel it calls for cookies. Happy? Cookies. Sad? We should bake some cookies. Just got to our cottage… definitely cookie time. There aren’t many things that can beat a good old chocolate chip cookie BUT when you want something different and a little extra special, this is the go-to. Its chewy, sweet, chocolatey, hinted with cinnamon and has that addicting healthier caramel sauce.
We’ve been at the cottage in PEI all week and I have been a bit behind on sharing this recipe. We’ve just been having too much fun exploring the island, hanging by the pool and going for windy coastline walks. But I am so happy to be sitting down with my iced latte to type this one out for you. It really is such an especially delicious recipe. It got rave reviews from Greg’s whole family, so you know its good!
Watch recipe the video herePrint
Vegan Caramel Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Cookie Skillet
This Vegan Caramel Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Cookie Skillet is your new favourite dessert with a healthyish caramel drizzle overtop. Oats, flour, brown sugar, vanilla, chocolate chips… it doesn’t get much better than that!
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup nondairy milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup quick oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup chopped chocolate chunks
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips for top
Optional: chocolate chunks to decorate top
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Grease a cast iron skillet. Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together vegan butter and brown sugar. Add almond milk and vanilla and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add dry mixture to wet, stirring to form a dough. Add chocolate chunks and stir to combine.
- Press into skillet and top extra chocolate chips.
- Bake in preheated oven for 22-24 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Meanwhile, in a small pot on low/medium heat add coconut oil, maple syrup and almond butter. Whisk until combined. Set aside.
- Remove cookie skillet from oven and let cool 10 minutes. Drizzle caramel on top and slice & serve. Enjoy!
OMG this looks amazing!!!! Do you think it’s possible that it would work in another type of oven safe skillet? I don’t have any cast iron and would love to make this as a surprise for the family. Between your recipes and Greg’s….this would be the 4th thing from your site this week already!