These Vegan Pretzel Bagel Bites are sure to bring you back when you try them. With all the flavours and textures you loved, and made even better in the comfort of your own home! These Vegan Pretzel Bagel Bites use a simple store bought pizza dough, made into mini bagels and topped with the best vegan version of your favourite pizza toppings!
for the sauce (2 servings)
- 1/2 jar marinara sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 block silken tofu
For the bagel bites
- 1/2 store bought pizza dough ball (330g)
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 6 cups water
- 1/2 block diced Daiya Foods Monterey Jack Style Cheese Block
- 1/2 package diced Yves cuisine pepperoni or equivalent
- fresh basil leaves to top
- Preheat Oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add all sauce ingredients to food processor and blend until smooth and all ingredients are combined.
- in a Medium sauce pan, add the water and bring to a boil.
- meanwhile, prepare the bagels by cutting the dough into 8 equal pieces, forming them into small balls. Poke your finger through the centre of each and lightly stretch to form a hole in the middle.
- Add the baking soda then each of the mini bagels. Boil for about 3 minutes, then flip them and boil for another 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and place the bagels separated on a baking sheet.
- bake the mini bagels for 20 minutes, or until golden brown on top. remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- cut each bagel in half and spread out on baking sheet. Top each bite with a tbsp of sauce, vegan cheese and pepperoni bits.
- Place he bagel bites back in the oven for another 7-8 minutes or until cheese is lightly melted and bagels are crispy on the edges.
- Remove from heat and let cool before serving.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 35