Blondies: brownies without the chocolate! And these are caramel-chai flavoured! I promise you will love these chewy, golden treats. They are perfect with a cup of coffee or tea!
- ½ cup vegan butter, melted
- 1 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup applesauce
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a mixing bowl, add melted vegan butter, brown sugar, apple sauce and vanilla and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. Add to wet ingredients and stir to form a thick batter.
- Line an 8×8 square baking pan with parchment paper. Pour the batter into the pan and smooth out the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden and a toothpick or fork inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before slicing.
- Optional step: whisk together 1/4 cup powdered sugar with a few teaspoons of water or almond milk to make a glaze and drizzle overtop before serving.