Fresh summer strawberries topped with coconut whipped cream and crumbled vegan chocolate chip cookies.
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, washed and chopped
- 2 chocolate chip cookies, crumbled (my recipe here)
Coconut Whipped Cream (or use store-bought):
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- Open the can of coconut milk and scoop out the cream that has separated from the water. If yours has stayed a liquid milk consistency and hasn’t separated, it may not thicken like it is supposed to. It will thicken a bit, but might just be more runny. Sometimes you get a dud! My favourite brand is Grace and I always seem to have good results with it.
- Add cream to a mixing bowl. Beat for 30 seconds with a hand or stand mixer until creamy. Add vanilla and powdered sugar and beat until creamy and smooth (about 1 minute).
- Divide strawberries between two bowls. Top with dollops of whip and cookie crumbles.