Homemade olive oil vanilla cake doughnuts, coated in cinnamon sugar layered with fresh juicy strawberries and coconut whipped cream.
Olive Oil & Vanilla Cake Doughnuts:
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup nondairy milk
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax mixed with 3 tbsp of water)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar + 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1 tbsp sugar
- coconut whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Stir together ground flax and water and let sit 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, add flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Whisk to combine. Add nondairy milk, oil, flax egg and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- Spray the doughnut pan with spray oil. Divide batter into doughnut pan. Bake in preheated oven for 14 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in a doughnut comes out clean or with a few crumbs.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before removing from pan.
- Meanwhile, toss strawberries with sugar, then mash lightly and set aside.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a shallow bowl. Dip each doughnut in the sugar mixture, coating it.
- When ready to serve, top doughnuts with strawberries and coconut whipped cream.