This strawberry loaf is what summer dreams are made of! I love this loaf recipe because you can make it in no time at all, it’s easy to take on the go, and great with a cup of coffee in the morning.
This strawberry loaf is what summer dreams are made of. Fresh strawberries in a sweet, moist cake/loaf hybrid that you can enjoy for breakfast or dessert!
- 1 cup non-dairy milk + 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1/3 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, chopped and then lightly mashed with a fork
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a small bowl, combine non-dairy milk and vinegar. Stir to combine then set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the cane sugar, oil, vanilla extract and milk mixture. Stir to combine. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir to form a dough. Add in the strawberries and stir gently until just combined.
- Grease a loaf tin, I use a 5×9 standard size loaf pan (or if you want to use parchment paper, it is easier to remove the loaf afterwards). Add the dough and spread so top is even.
- Bake in preheated oven for 42-45 minutes, until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean or with a crumb or two attached.
- Allow to cool before removing from pan and slicing.
This loaf is best with fresh strawberries, as frozen would contain a lot more liquid and keep the loaf from cooking in the allotted time.