This post is sponsored by Almond Breeze.
Today I am showing you what I ate in a day! I made berries & granola, chick’n and waffle sandwiches, tacos and cake for dessert! Huge thanks to Almond Breeze for working with me these past few months. If you didn’t see my last posts with Almond Breeze, we got to travel to a Blue Diamond almond orchard with them and spend a few days learning all about the almond growing process and the brand! Having been around for one hundred years, the Blue Diamond Growers co-op includes more than 3,000 almond growers ranging from first-to-fourth generation almond-growing families. I had a chance to meet with a few of the growers on my trip and hear their amazing stories and I am so grateful for how much we got to experience in those few days. A cool fact is that Almond Breeze is the only major brand to grow their own almonds. This is important because it means you know where your product is coming from and the quality that is behind it right from the beginning.
Something to note in this video is that I used Almond Breeze Unsweetend Original in the cashew cream (which is featured in two of these recipes). The creamy texture and neutral flavor here is what makes this cashew cream so tasty and versatile!
Breakfast: Berries & Granola
Bowl of berries, chopped
Handful or two of your favourite granola
Almond Breeze Coconut Flavour Beverage
- Simply add it all to a bowl and enjoy! Super easy and quick breakfast that I LOVE having on mornings when I’m in a bit of a rush.
Lunch: Chick’n & Waffle Sandwiches (makes 2 sandwiches)
Enough Pancake Mix for 4 waffles
4 Vegan Chick’n Tenders
1 cup raw cashews
1/2 cup Almond Breeze Unsweetened Original
PLUS: 1 tsp sriracha & 2 tsp maple syrup
- Make waffles according to the package directions.
- Bake the chick’n tenders until crispy. Add two to two of the waffles, then use the other two waffles as the sandwich tops.
- Make the sweet & spicy cashew cream sauce by mixing 1/2 of the cashew cream with the sriracha and maple syrup and saving the other half of the plain cashew cream for later.
- Drizzle the sauce on the sandwiches and enjoy!
Dinner: Sweet Potato Tacos
1 medium sweet potato, chopped
2 tbsp oil plus some water if needed
1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
1/2 cup frozen corn
salt & pepper to taste
Lime Cashew Cream:
Other 1/2 of the plain cashew cream plus 1-2 tbsp lime juice
For the Tacos:
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on medium heat. Add the sweet potato and cook about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until fork-tender. Add the green peppers, corn, spices and stir until coated. Cook until peppers have softened.
- Whisk together the cashew cream and lime juice. Assemble the tacos with your favourite toppings (mine are shown in the video and listed here).
Dessert: Cake with caramel sauce
My mom made a super tasty cake so I melted some coconut milk caramels (store-bought) with some Almond Breeze Unsweetened Original in the microwave for a few seconds until I was left with a smooth caramel drizzle sauce.