F

Fluffy Vegan Buttermilk Pancakes

Vegan Buttermilk Pancakes

I have been experimenting with this pancake recipe for a while. I LOVE pancakes that are light and fluffy and thick, but still simple enough to whip up in the morning.

Thank you Almond Breeze for sponsoring this post!

Vegan Buttermilk Pancakes

Vegan Buttermilk Pancakes

These pancakes use minimal ingredients that you can find at any store, and with a little practice it is easy to get the hang of nailing the perfect pancakes every time.

• Author: Liv B
  • Prep Time: 10 minutes
  • Cook Time: 10 minutes
  • Total Time: 20 minutes
  • Yield: 4 large pancakes 1x

Ingredients

Scale

Instructions

1. Combine the Almond Breeze Original Almondmilk and apple cider vinegar, stirring well. Set aside.
  2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
  3. Add the oil to the almondmilk mixture and stir. Then pour into dry mixture.
  4. Mix until JUST combined. Lumps are okay! Do not over-mix. See video for what the batter should look like.
  5. Heat a frying pan to medium heat. Spray oil lightly onto pan.
  6. Using scoop batter into round pancake shapes, leaving some room for spreading. I usually do 2 at a time. BE PATIENT! Let it cook until bubbles rise to the surface then burst, and the edges start to look cooked. Take a peak underneath and if it is golden, flip to the other side. Cook about 30 seconds-1 minute on the other side (the second side takes much less time to cook).

Serve with butter and maple syrup!

1. Bea says:

Looooved this recipe!! Tried it today and I put some blueberries in the batter while cooking it on the pan. Delicious !! Keep up the good work Liv! ??

2. Anna says:

These are seriously the best pancakes ever. They turned out exactly like the picture and you would never know they’re vegan! They’re so fluffy and super simple to make. Thank you so much Liv for sharing this recipe! I’m definitely going to be making them again. Probably tomorrow haha!

3. Dorothée says:

Made them today an these are seriously the best vegan pankaces I have ever tried. Slightly crispy on the outside an super fluffy on the inside! Thanks for the recipe!! ?

4. Diana Cunha says:

Hello! I’m a huge fan of pancakes and I’m also vegan so I decided to try this recipe and absolutely loved it! I did forget to put the oil but the pancakes were super fluffy anyways. Thank you Liv for this recipe 🙂

5. Catherine says:

These are amazing, so easy, and taste just like “traditional” buttermilk pancakes! I want to try this batter in my waffle iron next.

6. Lauren says:

Made these this morning. During the entire meal, my boyfriend said “oh my god, incredible, delicious” on repeat ? thanks Liv! You nailed this recipe!

7. Morgan says:

Thank you for these amazing fluffy pancakes, my 3 year old loves pancakes and I havent been able to find a vegan pancake recipe that works well until now. We also just recieved your cookbook and my daughter keeps asking to make those lovely looking cupcakes on the back! Excited to try some of your new recipes in it!

8. FERNANDA says:

After so man positive reviews, I had to try this recipe and it did not disspoint!! Easy ingredients, easy to follow, quick to make and of course delicious!! Thanks for sharing Liv!

9. Indya says:

These were amazing and so fluffy and airy! Ha l you for he recipe! Is here any way hey can be made gluten free?

10. Carol says:

These are really good and fluffy. We are trying not to use oil, so we substituted maple syrup for the oil and decreased the sugar to 2 tsp. They come out great!

11. Olivia says:

Amazing! Taste just like buttermilk pancakes and are so easy to make!! My non vegan family can’t eve tell the difference!

12. Michelle says:

Can’t believe I found this recipe – I loved that it didn’t require any sort of egg replacer. I used soya milk and added a bit more sugar and it was great. Made 6 small pancakes.

13. LAURA says:

Tried these today and they were AMAZING! Very good flavor! Even my Non-Vegan husband said that he liked these better than regular buttermilk pancakes! Thank you for sharing this one!

14. Elena says:

Absolutely love these! They’re nice and fluffy and not too heavy, yet are very filling. Made them for the first time a moth ago and have been re-making them a couple times a week since (because who said you can’t have pancakes for lunch and/or dinner?).

15. Ailish says:

Usually whenever I try to make pancakes I fail so bad but this recipe was so easy to follow, they turned out perfect! So fluffy and light

16. Hoku says:

Well I’ve been making these for months now so I figured the least I could do is leave a rating for Liv. These pancakes are so fluffy and yummy. They aren’t complicated like some pancake recipes and they are pretty fool proof. I’ve forgotten oil one time and sugar another time and they still turned out great. I’ve used ripple pea milk and soy milk and I’ve noticed that because they are thicker than almond or a nut milk I have to thin the batter out with water. I’m able to whip these up fast with a toddler pulling on my leg. Thank you Liv!

17. Sara says:

Made these for my non vegan boyfriend and he is OBSESSED! He asks for them every weekend 🙂 I also added a bit of cinnamon to the batter and it made them even more delicious! Thanks for sharing this recipe xx

18. Kaila says:

The best and simplest pancake recipe ever. I finally have a vegan pancake recipe that beats the non vegan version. Thank you!!

19. Katie says:

Very easy and so tasty! I’ve made more pancakes in the past few weeks than I have in my entire life, thanks to this recipe!

20. Msria says:

Amazing recipe.Very straight forward and comes out exactly like in the pictures before trying this recipe I thought I would give up on ever making pancakes again as I could never get the batter right.The ingredients are things normal people have at home and the pancake on its own taste good while most vegan pancakes need to be drowned in syrup to taste decent.

21. Inbal says:

Incredibly easy, no weird ingredients, tastes amazing. My go to recipe, and my non vegan boyfriend loves it as well!

22. Kristen says:

These sound so good!
    Are these something that could be made in bulk and stored in fridge or even frozen and reheated?

23. Melissa says:

I just cooked these with white whole wheat flour and it turned out perfect. Fluffy and delicious! I also added chopped apricots to the batter and it turned out amazing! Thank you.

24. Wendy says:

Got hungry made them up used a banana left out the sugar and Ripple milk works just fine…yum…thanks for the recipe!

25. Adriana says:

Finally a recipe that works! I just made it and I can tell, hands down, this is the best vegan pancake I’ve made! My non vegan husband loved as well and for now on we’re going to have pancakes more often in our breakfast! Thanks for sharing!

26. Marie says:

This worked perfectly for me! They came out suuuuper fluffy.
    I slightly adapted the recipe based on what I had on hand. I used self raising flour and didn’t add any baking powder and I used drinking coconut milk and didn’t add oil.
    The recipe was so easy!

27. Melanie says:

These are hands-down the best pancakes I’ve ever had, hank you so much! This is the only recipe that I’ve found where the pancakes are super fluffy but also dense, and don’t take 10 ingredients and 20 minutes! And, most important of all, it makes just enough for one person!

28. Laura says:

Hi Liv! Love your recipes.
    For some reason, when I make these- they’re still gooey on the inside, like def undercooked. I literally follow the recipe and instructions exactly!!! My pancakes just don’t look like yours either lol, after you cook the first two- do you still keep pan medium heat?

1. Liv B says:

I think you need to lower your pan heat a bit and cook them until there are lots of bubbles rising to the surface & bursting, and the edges are fully cooked. If your stove is hotter than mine, it might be cooking the bottom too fast but not the inside which is why they are still gooey. Try lowering the heat and cooking them on one side until the top is looking firmer and cooked around the edges <3

29. Maya says:

I have tried many vegan pancakes recipes and this is by far THE BEST! It’s super thick and fluffy, just the way I like it.
    Made waffles using this recipe and it turned out perfect! I did use only a tsp of baking powder just to be sure that it won’t rise too much.

30. Sarah says:

I just made these pancakes and had to stop after the first couple bites to leave a comment and say thank you. They are sooo delicious and fluffy! Thank you for sharing!

31. Katherine says:

These delicious pancakes have absolutely become a staple for me!!! I have the recipe memorized and make them at least once a week. For anyone else who might be trying to limit oil in their diet, I’ve tried making these both with and without the oil, and I honestly can’t tell the difference so it’s easy to leave the oil out. I’ve also tried lots of add-in ingredients (mashed banana, blueberries, nuts, cocoa powder, etc.) and they always just come out amazing. Thank you, Liv, for such an amazing recipe!!! <3

32. Elizabeth says:

I feel like I’ve died and gone to vegan pancake heaven!! I’ve tried so many recipes and these totally took me back to my childhood and my mom making pancakes on Sunday. So fluffy and satisfying. I also appreciate how simple this recipe is. Thanks for sharing!

xo Liz

33. Jamie says:

Very impressed! It’s 5am on a Saturday and I have a pancake pang. Pantry is running low so I made a few modifications. I used lemon juice instead of ACV, and I had enough olive oil for the batter but rimmed the pan with vegan butter. Highly recommend coconut sugar if you have it. I sprinkled some chocolate chips on after pouring the batter and duuuude. Keeping this recipe. Serving size is perfect for me (just enough to make me feel delightfully stuffed).

34. Emily I says:

I made these today and they were delicious! My boyfriend and roommate who are both not vegan reported they were good! Thank you so much!

35. Tahlia Marie says:

Amazing, amazing, amazing recipe! I did not have baking powder so I used baking soda instead with the same measurement. I love fluffy these pancakes are!