I have been experimenting with this pancake recipe for a while. I LOVE pancakes that are light and fluffy and thick, but still simple enough to whip up in the morning.
Thank you Almond Breeze for sponsoring this post!Print
Vegan Buttermilk Pancakes
These pancakes use minimal ingredients that you can find at any store, and with a little practice it is easy to get the hang of nailing the perfect pancakes every time.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 large pancakes 1x
- 1 cup Almond Breeze Original Almondmilk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp oil
- Combine the Almond Breeze Original Almondmilk and apple cider vinegar, stirring well. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Add the oil to the almondmilk mixture and stir. Then pour into dry mixture.
- Mix until JUST combined. Lumps are okay! Do not over-mix. See video for what the batter should look like.
- Heat a frying pan to medium heat. Spray oil lightly onto pan.
- Using scoop batter into round pancake shapes, leaving some room for spreading. I usually do 2 at a time. BE PATIENT! Let it cook until bubbles rise to the surface then burst, and the edges start to look cooked. Take a peak underneath and if it is golden, flip to the other side. Cook about 30 seconds-1 minute on the other side (the second side takes much less time to cook).
Serve with butter and maple syrup!