If you like avocado toast but wish it had a little more protein, look no further than this spicy tofu version! In this recipe we make a homemade avocado spread (don’t worry, it’s super easy!) and top it off with some pan-fried spicy tofu strips.
PS: Make sure to check out my cookbook Liv B’s Vegan on a Budget!Print
Spicy Tofu Avocado Toast
Spicy tofu strips pan-fried to perfection on a layer of creamy avocado spread- you new favourite way to enjoy toast for breakfast!
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 1 serving 1x
- 3 oz tofu, cut into long cube/rectangles
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 1/2 small tomato, diced
- 2 tbsp finely chopped red onion
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 pieces of bread, toasted
- In a frying pan on medium heat, add oil and chilli powder and combine. Let it heat for 30-45 seconds.
- Add tofu and cook a few minutes per side, flipping 4 times so each side has time to sizzle in the pan.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine avocado, tomato, onion, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Toast your bread, then add the avocado mixture followed by 2 pieces of tofu to each slice.