Smoothie bowls are my go-to breakfast in the summer. I love that they give you a few servings of fruit (which helps you easily reach your 5-a-day!) but also contain a balance of protein and fat to keep you full. In addition to that, you can get super creative with toppings and create endless combinations. Here is the formula that I use to create the perfect smoothie bowl every time!Print
The Perfect Smoothie Bowl
My favourite smoothie bowl formula for a thick, creamy smoothie that can hold up under all your toppings!
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup water or coconut water
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- handful of spinach or other greens
- 1 frozen banana, chopped
- 1 cup frozen berries
- 1/3 cup granola
- 2 tsp coconut shreds
- 1 tsp cacao nibs (optional)
- 1/2 fresh banana, sliced
- 2 tbsp almond butter drizzled overtop
- In a high speed blender, add orange juice, water, chia seeds, greens, frozen banana and frozen berries.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a bowl and all your toppings!
If you don’t have a high speed blender, you might want to let the frozen fruit thaw a bit before blending.