Today I am showing you my new favourite meal which is this green goddess bowl! The important part here is the green goddess sauce, which is a super healthy, super creamy and delicious sauce that can be used on whatever you like! I love drizzling it over this bowl which has brown rice, sweet potato and a protein-rich veggie burger patty.
PS: for more easy & delicious pasta recipes, check out my cookbook Liv B’s Vegan on a Budget!
Green Goddess Bowl
- Yield: 2 servings
A nutritious bowl with a creamy, pesto-flavoured green sauce that will make you feel like a goddess!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 2/3 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- pinch of salt
- 3 cups spinach
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 veggie burger patties (optional)
- 1 sliced bell pepper
- 1 cup frozen green beans
- Add the oil and minced garlic to a frying pan on medium heat and cook a few minutes until garlic is fragrant and just starting to brown.
- Add frozen peas, coconut milk, basil and salt and simmer for 3 minutes. Add spinach and lemon juice and cook until spinach is wilted.
- Pour into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Slice the sweet potato in half. Drizzle with vegetable oil & salt + pepper. Bake for 35 minutes or until sweet potato is soft inside.
- Cook the rice according to package directions. Pan fry the veggie burgers according to package directions, and add in bell pepper and green beans to cook for a few minutes with the burger.
- Serve in your favourite bowls with green goddess sauce drizzled on top.
That looks delish!!!!!! Definitely making it soon, thank you for sharing.
But I have a question that’s not related to the recipe itself, where’s that cup you used to pour the coconut milk from? It’s so beautiful and useful, and it’d come so in handy in my kitchen haha.
The sauce is incredible! New favourite healthy sauce 🙂