Today I am showing you my new favourite meal which is this green goddess bowl! The important part here is the green goddess sauce, which is a super healthy, super creamy and delicious sauce that can be used on whatever you like! I love drizzling it over this bowl which has brown rice, sweet potato and a protein-rich veggie burger patty.
PS: for more easy & delicious pasta recipes, check out my cookbook Liv B’s Vegan on a Budget!
Green Goddess Bowl
A nutritious bowl with a creamy, pesto-flavoured green sauce that will make you feel like a goddess!
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 2/3 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- pinch of salt
- 3 cups spinach
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 veggie burger patties (optional)
- 1 sliced bell pepper
- 1 cup frozen green beans
- Add the oil and minced garlic to a frying pan on medium heat and cook a few minutes until garlic is fragrant and just starting to brown.
- Add frozen peas, coconut milk, basil and salt and simmer for 3 minutes. Add spinach and lemon juice and cook until spinach is wilted.
- Pour into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Slice the sweet potato in half. Drizzle with vegetable oil & salt + pepper. Bake for 35 minutes or until sweet potato is soft inside.
- Cook the rice according to package directions. Pan fry the veggie burgers according to package directions, and add in bell pepper and green beans to cook for a few minutes with the burger.
- Serve in your favourite bowls with green goddess sauce drizzled on top.